Monday, December 1, 2008

SPRTE in the ACT, I am tired!

Hey all - here's a post from all of us - we're mostly at an internet cafe in Canberra centre and it's free time on day 3 of SPRTE!

A basic rundown of the SPRTE timetable:

breakfast

morning talk

morning tea

"strand group" - studying NT, OT, systematic theology, ethics, preaching series (depending on how many times you've been to NTE/SPRTE - so you start with NT in first year (like Serene) with Romans 3, Year 2 is Micah (Jono) and in 3rd year it's systematic theology (Joyce and Ruth) studying the topic of the resurrection! (ethics is usually on work, and preaching series is for the hardcore pples that have come 5 times!)

Dene's leading an exciting strand group for ESL pples who are happy to say they're not Christians - reading through John at their own pace and discovering stuff for themselves - one of the guys in his group has become a Christian, praise God!

lunch

free time

workshops/meeting pples from the south pacific/mission planing

dinner

night talk

supper

meet a missionary

So as you can see it's a jam-packed day, and we're all really really tired at the moment! At the same time we're excited and fired up about all the cool stuff that we've been learning, and all the people that we've met, and hearing how God works all around Australia and across the world!

The speakers this year are Richard Chin, who is speaking on the cross at night, Lindsay Brown is taking us on a world tour of cool stuff God's been doing around the world, Phillip Jensen is speaking on sin and redemption.

We've been doing heaps of fun stuff in free time like going out for lunch, going to cafes, eating. eating. eating. and drinking coffeeeeeeeee because we are all so tired. zzz.

Stuff to pray for

Ruth: I think I'm getting sick - please pray that I don't. Also thanks to God for all the people's generosity - someone offered to buy me a windjacket today!

Joyce: I'm bouncing off walls because I'm so tired. Please pray that I don't irritate people or injure people on the rebound :P

Dene: I have a headache every day and I'm living on neurofen. Please pray for my head.

Serene: I'm very tired. Please pray that I don't eat people.

Jono: I'm playing soccer at the moment. Please pray that I don't get injured.

Thanks for reading, this has been another focusinjapan08 post. time to drink coffeeeeeeeeee

No comments: