Our conversation took place in 4x 5minute blocks while the bus was stopped. Each conversation was held in colder conditions than the one before.
Conversation 1 @2deg, 1am...
Kei: Hi. Where are you from?
Dene: Australia. How about you?
K: Japan. Want a chocolate?
D: Oh yeah, thanks.... What are you doing going to Tokyo?
K: I'm going home
D: So what have you been doing?
K: Backpacking. Hitchhiking down to Kyushu. But I wore everything I had and I was freezing. So I'm going home. What about you?
D: Oh, my family and I and some friends have been in Osaka for a week and now we're heading for Tokyo for some sightseeing. I'm a Seisho no kiyoushi (teacher of the Bible) at the university in Australia and our group is over here visiting a similar organisation as mine
K: So you're a Christian?
D: Yeah
K: So what's the concept? The concept of Christianity? Is it love?
D: Love is very important in Christianity. It says in the shinyak seisho (New Testament) that God is love
K: God is love. I like that.
D: Oh, duraiba san (noticing the driver is going back to the bus)
K: Yeah, we better go
1 comment:
can't wait to hear parts 3-4!
Post a Comment