Saturday, December 27, 2008

Driftwood part 2

This is a four part conversation I had with Kei, while our overnight bus stopped. See part 1 here.

Conversation 2 @1deg, 2:30am

D: Hi again
K: Hi.
D: So what is your interest in Christianity?
K: Actually my family were Christian, you know, go to church every Sunday.
D: Mine too - so did you go to Sunday School, that kind of thing?
K: Yeah I used to but I don't go on Sundays any more.
D: What changed?
K: I don't know.
D: How about your family?
K: No we don't go any more. I think maybe they had some problems with church or something...
D: Yeah that's pretty common I guess. You know we were talking about "God is love"...
K: Yeah...
D: Well all over the Bible God is expecting his people to live just like him - so you know, he is love, so his people should be known for love.
K: Eeeeh?
D: Church can often be difficult because God's people are not behaving like God - they don't love each other like he has loved them.
K: Yeah I don't know what problems they have about church... time to go!
D: Mmm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cheers, sounds promising, all in God's time

:)
rach sisinchrist

ruth feeney said...

i reckon he thought about that conversation for the next 4 hours

domo said...

when do we get part 3?

Mummy McTavish said...

Hey-Ho, Dene-O,

We want part 3 and 4!

I've been waiting... and waiting... and I've been patient... and I'm not patient anymore.

It's been getting very uncomfortable on the edge of my seat!