Saturday, November 15, 2008

2 weeks to GO!!!!!.........................ooo....

There's 2 weeks until SPRTE and the excitement is building! Today we had "SPRTE Training day" - everyone going to SPRTE came to plan what they were doing for their mission as well - our Newcastle Christian Students group has heaps of different groups going to South Sydney for mission after SPRTE as well!

We went shopping in Charlestown for some extra presents for our billets in Japan and worked on our self-introduction skills in Japanese.

I've been told that to make this an "inspiring post" I'm meant to write something like "I'm so excited about going to see the crazy monkeys in Japan!" but to be honest, I'm really excited about little things like learning the language, eating the food, hanging out with people smaller than me, going somewhere where it's the polar opposite of the Australian summer....

Right now there's still heaps of packing for me, serene and jono who have to move out of college at the end of the year, and getting packing organised for japan too - that's probably the most worrying thing for us at the moment. Also continue to pray for the exchange rate - AUD-JPY dropped to an all time low last week... Thanks to everyone who has so generously contributed to us finanically so far, and thanks to everyone who is showing so much interest in what we're doing and praying for us!

3 comments:

Dene said...

I'm not sure I asked for inspiring but I'm inspired! Thx!!

Joyce said...

no that was paul reading over my shoulder saying "that's so like not inspiring. i expected something more inspiring from you..." then we ended up watching some really disturbing youtube videos of japanese bug-fight contests - tarantula vs. any bug ends up in the tarantula winning most of the time, unless there's a similarly sized scorpion or the centipede catches it by surprise...

creature comfort said...

i was there and i must say, watching the rabbit versus python one gave me a whole new perspective on Japan...i better watch myself in Japan mate....